Imagine sinking your teeth into this flaky pastry stuffed with a flavorful filling of feta cheese and sautéed Salad Savoy® . It’s perfect for holidays and ‘regular’ days!
8 cups shredded Salad Savoy® , with stems removed
2 cups water
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce package)
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, slightly thawed (from a 17.25-ounce package)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the Salad Savoy and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low then cover and steam for 7 minutes, or until tender; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg then add the feta cheese, onion soup mix, and cooled Salad Savoy; mix well. Place the pastry on a baking sheet and unfold. Spoon the mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough. Cut slits in the dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of the filling.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush it over each 1-inch dough strip; alternately fold the dough from each side over the filling. Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake the strudel for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove it from the baking sheet and cut into strips. Serve immediately.